Since its inception in 2005, Man Recordings have been responsible for introducing the rest of the world to the Rio baile funk sound and its subsequent bastardisation at the hands of many a global producer. Much like Enchufada did with Kuduro via Hard Ass Sessions, Man Recordings have bridged the gap between the original creators of the movement and the burgeoning scene of producers mixing styles from accross the world. This culminated in the Funk Mundial series which has brought together everyone from the ZZK cumbia troop to electro DJs like Crookers and Feadz for their own take on Rio funk. More than 250 releases later and Man have got all nostalgic, asking a host of DJs to choose their pick of the crop from the label’s back catalogue. First up are German global airhorn roof-raisers Schlachthofbronx. Alongside some dancefloor ready classics, it brought my attention to another remix from the consistently excellent Argentine El Remolón, this time his take on ‘Vem Que Tem’ ft. MC Marina. Available from the usual haunts & full tracklist after the jump.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Man Recordings DJ Picks #1 Tracklist
- Seiji ft. MC Dolores – Todo Mundo
- Daniel Haaksman – Pobum Coco
- Crookers ft. MC Leka – Para De Graçinha
- EDU K – Popozuda Rock n’ Roll
- Clan ft. Mr.Catra – Gathina Genghis
- El Remolón ft. MC Marina – Vem Que Tem
- Daniel Haaksman ft. MC Jennifer – Who’s Afraid Of Rio?
- ISA GT – Pela’O (Crookers Remix)
- KU BO ft. Daniecell – Sumanita
- Schlachthofbronx ft.MC Leka – Sai Safarda